Tenth month, 1753.
23. Indulgence in bed an hour too long.
17. An hypochondriack obnubilation from wind and indigestion.
28. An over-dose of whiskey.
29. A dull, cross, cholerick day.
First month, 1757.
22. A little swinish at dinner and repast.
31. Dogged on provocation.
5. Very dogged or snappish.
26. Cursed snappishness to those under me, on a bodily indisposition.
11. On a provocation, exercised a dumb resentment for two days, instead of scolding.
22. Scolded too vehemently.
23. Dogged again.
–from A Spiritual Diary and Soliloquies, by John Rutty, M.D., 1777
First month, 2012
1. cursed the resolutioners on Facebook
4. scolded tennis partner, cried
7. indulged in all of Moneyball late-night on Starz
8. ignorantly failed to maintain furnace
9. abused Google calendar
10. swinish at Whole Foods pudding bar
An hypochondriack obnubilation from coffee burn on tip of tongue that has persisted for days. Resentment at fellow train passenger for excessive wind and indigestion.