Tenth month, 1753.
23. Indulgence in bed an hour too long.
17. An hypochondriack obnubilation from wind and indigestion.
28. An over-dose of whiskey.
29. A dull, cross, cholerick day.
First month, 1757.
22. A little swinish at dinner and repast.
31. Dogged on provocation.
5. Very dogged or snappish.
26. Cursed snappishness to those under me, on a bodily indisposition.
11. On a provocation, exercised a dumb resentment for two days, instead of scolding.
22. Scolded too vehemently.
23. Dogged again.
–from A Spiritual Diary and Soliloquies, by John Rutty, M.D., 1777
First month, 2012
1. cursed the resolutioners on Facebook
4. scolded tennis partner, cried
7. indulged in all of Moneyball late-night on Starz
8. ignorantly failed to maintain furnace
9. abused Google calendar
10. swinish at Whole Foods pudding bar